So this is basically taken from my compiled list of things ‘To Do’ from my foursquare account, but since I don’t have a lot of followers there just yet and this seems to be perfectly suited to my blog, I thought I’d revamp it slightly. Here we go, in no particular order…
1. Sala Thai Burrard (Thai Restaurant): Go to Sala Thai and have the Spicy Drunken Noodle (pad kee mao) with a Thai iced tea to drink.
2. Juno’s Kitchen (no website): Go to Juno and try their fresh selection of sashimi and make sure to drink their Japanese roasted rice green tea. They also have the best tamago I’ve had (even for those that don’t usually like it).
3. Tapastree Restaurant: Go to Tapastree and make sure to order the Sablefish marinated in a miso vinaigrette and the Ahi Tuna, seared with ponzu and hot Chinese mustard. Have the crème brûlée for dessert.
4. Cafe Medina: Go to Medina and enjoy a lavendar latte with the fricasse for brunch.
5. Octopus Garden: Go to Octopus Garden in Kits. Get the shiki omakase. Make sure to get the foie gras nigiri as the final piece of your meal.
6. Dragon Ball Tea House (no website): Go to Dragon Ball and get a green tea ice cream bubble tea with pearls. If you’re not into green tea, try any fresh fruit combo instead, with milk, half slush and pearls (my fave is strawberry and mango).
7. Blue Water Cafe: Go to Blue Water and have the Seafood Tower. Order a bottle of Nota Bene from Blackhills Winery if they have it available (not necessarily to go with the tower, but just because I love it so much).
8. Vancouver Vietnamese Restaurant: Go to the Vancouver Vietnamese Restaurant at Main and King Edward (4136 Main Street) and order the Roll Dip and the Wonton Soup with egg noodles.
9. Earls Restaurant: Go to Earl’s (anyone will do I’m sure) and have a Sundae with caramel topping for dessert. The ice cream is Mario’s vanilla bean gelato. Try a Lemon Meringue cocktail on the side (well, maybe not at the same time – they’re both quite sweet).
And there you have it – I’ll update/add to this list when I can think of other top things to try!